This course is available for study at our London and Glasgow campuses.
Increasing inequalities continue to challenge the quality of life and life expectancy improvements across the world. An ageing population, increased chronic disease burden, migration, environmental damage and climate change continue to highlight the need for an international workforce to take forward the public health agenda.
Join a university aligned with the global public health research agenda. Learn from our experienced teaching team working with researchers, graduates and external public health employers as part of an international force for the common good. Glasgow Caledonian University's Master of Public Health aims to prevent disease, promote health, and protect the health and well-being of the public through education, research and public health practice and service.
Study in Glasgow and London; on campus or remotely, you will realise the following key learning outcomes:
- Gain an understanding of health inequalities and the social determinants of health
- Awareness of data and ability to assess the population's health and well-being
- Evaluate the effectiveness of public health interventions, programmes and services
- Understand how to develop and implement public health policy and strategy
- Gain an understanding of health protection and public health intelligence
- Understand the key role of health economics in public health
- Have the ability to interpret statistical methods to make appropriate recommendations
- Propose evidence-based interventions to address health inequalities using a social action approach
The programme is flexible to your career needs and provides four exit awards:
- Master of Public Health
- Postgraduate Diploma in Public Health
- Postgraduate Certificate in Public Health with Social Action
- Postgraduate Certificate in Public Health
Graduate employability is enhanced by external guest lectures and industry-led programme design which has been mapped to the Faculty of Public Health Core competency levels throughout.